Monday 8 December 2014

8 Cool Technology Tools

The following eight technology tools I have assessed below were utilized in ED271 Technology for Educators.



Moodle is a great tool for keeping up with and turning in classroom assignments, communicating with classmates and professors, as well as keeping track of current semester grades. Many professors at the University of Guam have adopted the use of Moodle for their classes because it is extremely helpful and organized. I thoroughly enjoy Moodle because of its simplicity and user-friendliness therefore I give it two thumbs up!





Google Chrome is a fantastic web browser! It is fast, simple, user-friendly. I enjoy it so much that I utilize it on my smartphone. Since I have made the switch from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome I have experienced much faster internet searches, which helps me get my homework done faster. I give Google Chrome two thumbs up for being one of the best internet browsers out there today!


Google Apps is helpful in creating and sharing documents without signing up for multiple accounts on different websites. Google Apps allows you to utilize email, create documents, forms, and spreadsheets, slide presentations, and drawings and once created, the user can share their work with others who have a Gmail account. I enjoy using Blogger, which is where users can blog and share or keep their entries private. Most of the apps are available on the Google Play Store for Android users or the App Store for iPhone users. Google Apps is an efficient way to get work done. I give it two thumbs up!




LiveBinders is an excellent tool for teachers and students. It is helpful in keeping resources organized and all in one place. I especially enjoy seeing the Binders others have made and have even utilized some of their resources. I commend whomever created the website because it is efficient, educational, and fun to use.
I will definitely use this tool in my future classroom and share the resources I discover with my future colleagues. I give LiveBinders two thumbs up!




Emaze is a presentation tool, which my group and I utilized for the first time in our first group presentation. I enjoyed using this tool because it is easy to use, it has nice graphics, and it is not known to many people. Emaze is a great alternative to Prezi, which is a bit outdated. The only downfall to this tool is that if the internet connection is slow, the presentation will lag. Despite this flaw, I plan to use this tool in future classroom presentations. I give Emaze two thumbs up!




Voki is an animated avatar, which speaks for a presenter. Many people enjoy creating and using Voki because of the features like choosing different voices and changing their appearance and the background scene. This tool was designed for the classroom but can be used in other environments as well. As a teacher, I can use this tool especially so that I do not tire my voice. I give this genius tool two thumbs up!




Wix is a website creator, which I have used to create multiple webpages for different classes. It has nice templates and it's free! Wix can help teachers and students alike especially when presenting information because it is organized and user-friendly. I give Wix two thumbs up!




OoVoo is an online video conferencing tool used by millions of people around the world. I enjoyed using this tool because of its many features like twelve way video chat, screen sharing, the screen shot button,  video messaging, recording conversations and uploading to YouTube, sending files, and most of all because it is free! This tool can be utilized in the classroom instead of face-to-face parent-teacher conferences and when communicating with classmates for group projects. I give OoVoo two thumbs up!

[Image of Adam Levine clapping]. Retrieved on 9 Dec. 2014, from http://f.ptcdn.info/863/016/000/1395165485-497-o.gif.

[Image of Adam Levine two thumbs up]. Retrieved on 9 Dec. 2014, from https://38.media.tumblr.com/44de1baebdf6c02bb862843b1235fd07/tumblr_nconiu9Ydl1r5lqijo1_500.gif.

[Image of Colin Morgan and Bradley James two thumbs up]. Retrieved on 9 Dec. 2014, from http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me4kci1svI1rybty6.gif.

[Image of Emma Stone two thumbs up]. Retrieved on 9 Dec. 2014, from http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/thumbs%20up/grand/EMMA-STONE-thumbs-up-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-132.gif.

[Image of Jensen Ackles two thumbs up]. Retrieved on 9 Dec. 2014, from http://media.giphy.com/media/UX8KhzTUQR3xu/giphy.gif.

[Image of Mike Meyers two thumbs up]. Retrieved on 9 Dec. 2014, from http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/thumbs_up_waynes_world.gif

[Image of Neil Patrick Harris two thumbs up]. Retrieved on 9 Dec. 2014, from http://bookriotcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Neil-Patrick-Harris-two-thumbs-gif.gif.

[Image of two thumbs up]. Retrieved on 9 Dec. 2014, from http://mrisblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Compliance-Follow-up-two-thumbs-up.jpg.

[Image of two thumbs up orange]. Retrieved on 9 Dec. 2014, from http://www.clker.com/cliparts/L/f/b/q/W/3/two-thumbs-up-purple-blue-hi.png.

1 comment: